From our front desk to Dr. Herman, every team member in our practice is dedicated to making your comfort their priority. We’ll address any apprehension you may be experiencing concerning your dental treatment, as well as take every measure possible to ensure a comfortable, pain-free experience.
We realize that going to a new dentist can be stressful for many people. Due to deep seated fears, a bad experience, or not knowing who will treat you honestly and deliver quality work can cause many people to postpone dental care.
We’d like you to know that our practice is dedicated to people who value health and having things done well. We pride ourselves on being on time for appointments. During treatment, we believe in making our patients feel as comfortable as possible. You’ll always feel like a first-class guest at our office. We’ve helped people get healthy so they no longer believe tooth loss or dental emergencies are in their future.
- You are in control. We want you to let us know how you’re feeling. If you want to stop treatment at any time, simply raise your hand. If you need a short break, we can do that as often as you like.
- No Drill Sound. You can bring your own music, or select any artist or genre of music on our touch ipod, which streams music from internet radio. We’ll have you wear our sound-eliminating Bose Headset.
- Painless Injections. Dr. Herman uses an anesthetic technique, which is virtually painless. Patients often say “I didn’t feel a thing” or “Did you really give me a shot?”
- Nitrous Oxide and Premedication. For those who need a little extra help relaxing, Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) is available, as well as premedication with anti-anxiety medications. Our team goes beyond understanding—we can empathize with your emotional reaction to dentistry.
- Infection Control. At Cosmetic Dentistry of WNY, we don’t take any risks with your health. In addition to cleaning and sterilizing all instruments routinely as recommended by the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control, we sterilize all hand pieces with a state-of-the-art sterilization unit. In addition, we are linked to an outside service, which monitors the effectiveness of our sterilizer. Finally, all clinical staff members wear masks, gloves and glasses.
- Eye Protection. For your protection, patients are provided with eye protection.
“I assure you, from the moment you call until all visits are completed, you will feel listened to and understood. We would be delighted for you to entrust us with your care. I’m confident that we can make every visit pleasant and comfortable. We’ll discover with you what things are needed and we’ll always deliver the best care – that’s my promise to you. If you have any specific questions dealing with your concerns or problems you have, feel free to call us. We look forward to scheduling a visit for you. “
~ Dr. John J. Herman, DDS, founder, Cosmetic Dentistry of WNY